Authorities, like Bob Villa, testify that system-built homes “save money, they make sense…”
- Modular homes have 2 x 6 exterior walls constructed from the best lumber. On-site built houses are typically built with 2 x 4 walls and are open to rain during construction which can cause wood to warp or swell leading to a lifetime of structural problems
- Modular homes have superior construction materials and techniques. Materials cut with hand held equipment at a job site cannot compare to computerized precision cutting saws and jigs.
- To insure a secure trip to your home site, modular homes are built with up to 20% to 30% more lumber in framing your home.
- Our homes have a reduced threat of job-site theft and damage—problems that have plagued on-site building in recent years.
- Factory inspections cover every construction detail of systems-built homes which are built to the strictest codes (URC and IRC). Trained independent third party inspectors perform numerous inspections on each house.
- Factories offer skilled craftsmen steady employment and benefits, resulting in a consistent skilled labor force. You’ll have fewer worries about delays relating to inexperienced or tardy contractors as your home is nestled within the factory confines.
- With additional insulation and precision craftsmanship, system-built homes are more energy efficient. Your utility bills will be lower and will save you money in years to come.
- You can custom order your new home and move it to your land in just a matter of weeks.
- Factories buy a large amount of lumber, sheet rock, paint etc. They get the highest quality products at bulk pricing.